Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bloomin' Marvellous



When Meryl Streep sarcastically spits in the Devil Wears Prada: "Flowers for spring time? How very original..."  I always think: suck it up Meryl/Anna, you're fighting a loosing battle. I happen to think flowers in spring are really very nice and help distract me from all the work I should be doing. I guess that being Meryl/Anna, you probably have fast cars/ lots of Bollinger/ very nice Chanel clothes, and cocaine, to distract you from life's banalities: I have perennials. 

And herein is a celebration of the things blooming, growing or looking generally fecund that are inspiring me right now.

Purple herbaceous border,  private garden, Hobart.
Installation terrarium in MONA, Hobart

Illustration, MONA, Hobart

Egyptian pictographs on a sarcophagus, MONA Hobart. 
Glasshouse at Werribee Mansion, Melbourne. 
Sun-burned hydrangeas, Berry. NSW. 


No comments:

Post a Comment